Friday, April 18, 2014

New Die-Cut Reveal at Stuck on You Sketches: It's Spring!

Hi there!
It's the Die-Cut team's reveal day over at Stuck on You sketches.
To me, nothing says spring like hauling your bicycle out after a long winter, so I decided to use a die-cut bicycle.  And of course, we can't forget spring flowers, so I punched out lots of those as well.
I used up lots of My American Crafts Mayberry collection, which has lots of summer accents.  I think the colors go well with spring, too.  I had this picture of Lucie dyeing eggs for easter; hence the title, "She's a good egg".
 
Boy, did I have fun with the basket on the bike.  First, I drew a shape on paper that I wanted my punches, etc. to go in.  I cut out the shape and used it as a stencil for some splatters of red spray ink.  Is there anyone else out there who decides on spray ink after the pictures are glued down?
After the ink dried, I added little punched flowers and hearts...and liquid pearls dabbed in the center of the flowers finished it off!
 
This is such a fun challenge---I hope you play along with us!
Head over to Stuck on You Sketches to see how the rest of the team interpreted "Spring".  Should be fun!  Have a great day!


7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Sheila! This layout is spectacular! I love the colors and the whole theme. I especially love the sweet little hearts coming out of the basket! Fabulous job!
    -Melin
    My Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title and bright colors. Fabulous LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I loveeeee the colors and loving what you did with that bicycle basket!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable!!! fun colors and love the bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely layout !!! Pretty design and colors !! Hope you have a wonderful day !!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful... she has beautiful smile! Love the banner behind the bicycle :)

    ReplyDelete